Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pineapple Enchiladas

If you like pineapple on pizza, you might like this! I know these sound a little weird, but I seriously love them. I saw them on a menu at a Mexican restaurant once, and had to order them out of curiosity. They were delicious, and I was determined to learn how to make them. I asked around, but everyone thought I was crazy when I said pineapple enchiladas. So I experimented a little and came up with a pretty close match. When I finally found the recipe online, I discovered that I had guessed all the ingredients correctly!
*
1 (15 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 c. sour cream
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce, divided
6 flour tortillas
*
Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl combine pineapple, sour cream, and 1 c. cheese. Pour 1/4 c. enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 12 inch baking dish. Fill tortillas with pineapple mixture, roll and place in dish. Pour on remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
*
Has anyone out there had pineapple enchiladas before? If so, tell me what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that actually sounds really good to me. I may have to try those! I'm definitely going to try that Almond punch you did for Easter! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this sounds absolutely devine! I cannot wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try some of these out. I notice that you went private on your other blog I would like to be able to peek in over there I love reading your posts. My email is galejota@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails