11 oz. cauliflower (small florets)
5 oz. diced onion and leeks (about 1/2 c. of each to serve four or 1 c. to serve more)
50 g. butter
3 oz. flour
600 ml. milk
600 ml. water
Double cream, according to consistency
Milk, according to consistency
- Cut the onion and leek into small dices (rinse after you chop).
- Sweat the onion and leek in the butter in a heavy sauce pot until they are almost tender. Do not let them brown.
- Add the cauliflower in small florets and sweat it for a few minutes.
- Add the flour and stir and stir.
- Pour the milk, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the wather and let it cook until the vegetables are very tender.
- When the soup is ready, blend it and pass the puree soup through a colander.
- Taste it and check the consistency and seasoning. (To thicken-combine same amount of flour with butter, add more milk and creme to thin.
- Serve with crustini toasted with oil, parmesan, herbs, and drops of chili oil to add color.