1 c. granulated sugar
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
250 g. dark chocolate (1 large Lindt bar, 70 % cocoa)
300 ml heavy whipping cream
- Melt the chocolate over hot water and let it cool down (double boiler).
- Melt the sugar with a little bit of water until soft ball (about 1/4 c.)
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks and then add the syrup whilte mixing. Mix until the bowl gets cold.
- Add the melted chocolate while still mixing.
- Whip the whipping cream until you form a canal. (Use a whisk so you don't overwork it.)
- Fold the whipping cream into the chocolate (cross and fold); mix it in in thirds.
- Spoon the mousse into serving dishes.
- Chill well before serving. Garnish with cherry and or mint.