Monday, January 18, 2010

Creamy Herb Dressing



This dressing for vegetables is so easy.  You can make it ahead of time on busy days like Thanksgiving, etc.  I whipped this up my blender yesterday after church in only a few minutes.  I served it over asparagus, and saved half of it in the fridge to serve over green beans or broccoli later.

3/4 cups mayonnaise
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 Tbs. minced chives
1 Tbs. lemon juice

In a blender, combine all of the above ingredients and process until smooth.    I love asparagus and make it all the time.  My favorite method:  trim ends, then spread on baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.  You can also cook it in a skillet with a small amount of water for about 4 minutes until crisp-tender.  Drain well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails