Recipe adapted from www.kayotic.nl/blog
1 Tbs. sour cream
1/4-1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tomato, diced
1 tsp. thyme
1 clove minced garlic
1-2 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled (optional, can leave out for a vegetarian dish)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash zucchini and slice in half length-ways. You can trim ends if you like, or leave plain for a rustic look. Scrape out the pulp, leaving 1/2 inch on outside edges. Chop up zucchini pulp, then put in large bowl and set aside.
- In a pan, sautee diced onion with 1 Tbs. olive oil and minced garlic.
- When done, remove from heat and add 1/4 tsp. curry powder. (You do not want to cook the curry powder more than about 30 seconds or the curry powder will turn bitter.)
- Transfer to large bowl, and add1 tsp. dried thyme, 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt, 1 heaping Tbs. sour cream, a good pinch of pepper, the chopped zucchini pulp, the tomato, and crumbled bacon.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and put the zucchini boats on. Gill the shells with the mixture, and top with fresh parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes.