Friday, August 14, 2009

Chicken Cream Cheese Soup


Found the recipe here. Lovin those sisters.
.
I made this tonight for dinner because I came across the recipe, and noticed I had all of the ingredients already in my refrigerator. I need to put a big *STAR* by this one because my husband went crazy over this soup. He kept telling me how good it was all night, and he even said that "I outdid myself with this one." I thought it was good, but not that amazing.
.
.
1 lb. chicken (breasts or combination)
1 onion, diced
1-2 Tbs. butter
2 handfuls baby carrots (about 2 cups sliced small)
4-5 potatoes, diced small
1 cup milk
1/4 c. flour
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
.
1. Put chicken in pot and cover with water; boil until cooked. Take chicken out of water but keep the broth. When chicken is cool, shred.
.
2. Saute onion in butter. Put onion in pot and add carrots and potatoes. Add 3-4 cups of broth or enough to cover vegetables. Add bouillon cubes or soup base for flavor. (I add 4 bouillion cubes.) Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender.
.
3. Mix flour with milk and add to soup. Soften cream cheese in microwave then add to soup in little pieces and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails