Sunday, November 1, 2009

Teriyaki Pasta Spinach Salad








I saw this recipe on La Bonne Cuisine, a recipe blog that I think is really cool because it has a lot of french recipes.  It reminded me of one I had at a church function a few years ago, and really liked.  (Coincidentally, I think she got her recipe at a church gathering as well.  Church is a great place to get new recipes, eh?)


My picture above was before I poured the sauce on.  I put the original recipe here, as well as notated any changes that I made to it.  One other thing I did: I used pre-cooked frozen chicken breast strips (love them, I use them for everything), diced them, and fried them in a pan to thaw it and release natural oils, then dumped a little teriyaki sauce on them for added flavor.

Teriyaki Pasta Spinach Salad

1 bag (10 oz.) spinach
2-3 green onions, sliced
1/4 c. fresh parsley (didn't have any of this so I threw in dried and it was just fine)
1/3 c. craisins (or more!)
1/3 c. honey roasted peanuts (I had a bag of chopped nuts, so I dumped that in this time)
1 can mandarin oranges, drained (can cut in half just to make more pieces)
1-2 c. cooked, cut-up chicken (or  she used 1 large can chicken breast)
1/2-1 box (12-16 oz.) bow tie pasta, cooked (I used half a box and it was plenty.  She used the mini-size pasta and they looked so cute)

Dressing:
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. Teriyaki sauce
1/3 c. rice vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Prepare the dressing ahead of time and refrigerate overnight. (Mine got about one hour of refrigeration and it tasted just fine).  



Mix all salad ingredients together and add dressing just before serving.


So yummy!  


Total girl food.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails