Thursday, November 19, 2009

Twilight Treats

Are you going to the "Big Movie" tonight at midnight?

Which movie?

Hello!!!




I'll be there.

At midnight for the opening show.

And I will be dressed up.  Because I LOVE dressing up.

Last year I went to the opening show of Twilight.  A friend rented out an entire theater, and we all went in Prom dresses (if you've read the book you'll get it, if you haven't you'll probably just think I'm crazy).



A few years ago I hosted our book club at my house.  We sat around the campfire in my backyard, and discussed the saga of vampires and werewolves, played trivia games, and debated into the wee hours of the morning the pro's and con's of Edward vs. Jacob.


Oh, the important things in life.  It really is imperative that we get to the bottom of this.  It was a deep discussion.  I mean really--debating between whether it's better to be married to a vampire or a werewolf.

Deep stuff.

LOL.

But in case you are headed to a New Moon party yourself this weekend (or even better--tonight!) here are some vampire treats ideas.



Bella's Blood Cupcakes


Cold Kisses (straight from the freezer)


Cherry "BITES"


Recipe for Twilight cupcakes (from my friend Ann):

Cream Together:


8 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
dash of salt (very little salt)
6 oz. chocolate chips 


Note: I added red food coloring to get the blood look
Set aside

Sift together:
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt


Add:
1 c. water
1tsp. vanilla
1T. vinegar
3/4 c. oil


Beat until smooth.


Fill muffin tins 1/3 cup full with cocoa mixture. Then spoon cream cheese mixture on top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min.



Enjoy the show!


(Come back tomorrow to see the werewolf treats I'm working on for the party I'm attending tonight.)
(After all, Book 2 is where all of the werewolves come out!)


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails