Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza




This is another one of those recipes where I tried to copy a favorite dish from a restaurant.  I love the "Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza" from the California Pizza Kitchen.  I ordered it everytime we went.  Then one day I went to order, and they had discontinued it when they redid their new menus!  :(  I was sad!



I think that they have actually put it back on the menu since, but I paid close attention so I could recreate it at home in case they ever pull this trick on me again.


I knew my kids would probably freak at this pizza, so of course I had a back up pizza ready too.


Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough
  • 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
  • 2 Bosc pears, thinly sliced
  • 1 carmelized onion
  • 2 ounces chopped walnuts or pecans
  • 2 1/2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
  • 1/2 package spring greens, tossed in Ranch dressing

Directions



  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Roll crust out on baking stone and bake crust for 6 minutes.
  3. Remove and cool.
  4. Layer with Provolone cheese. Top cheese with Bosc pear slices. Sprinkle with walnuts, carmelized onions and Gorgonzola cheese.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Remove from heat. 
  6. Top with mixed spring greens tossed in Ranch dressing.


Here's what it looked like before I topped it with salad:







Mmmm, just like I remembered it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails