Saturday, December 26, 2009

Winter Salad



I am always asked to bring this salad to holiday get togethers.  I love making it at Christmastime.  And it really tastes as good as it looks!

1 can beets, cubed
2 Tbs. veg. oil
juice from 1 orange (1/4 cup)
1/4 cup pomegranate juice (I've found this at Smith's Marketplace at Target)
1 Tbs. white wine vinegar (or rice vinegar)
1 med. red onion, thinly sliced
2 cans mandarin orange pieces
1 cup pomegranate seeds
5 cups of fresh greens (Spring Mix)

Whisk orange juice, pomegranate juice, vinegar, and 2 Tbs. oil in large bowl to blend.  Season vinagrette with salt and pepper.  Place onion in small bowl.  Cover with cold water.  Soak onion 1 minute, drain, and squeeze dry in kitchen towel.  Add beets, onion, orange slices, and pomegranate seeds to vinagrette in bowl, toss.  Season salad with salt and pepper, arrange on top of a bed of greens.

1 comment:

  1. This is certainly a treat to my eyes...so should be to my palate I guess..... Very colorful......

    Happy Celebrations!!!!

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails