Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chicken Bacon and Swiss Melts

This is half a chicken breast (I made smaller portions for my kids). I served it with salad, grapes, and breadsticks. I removed the bacon before I melted the swiss cheese on it because Brian doesn't like bacon in recipes like this. That way it still gave it a nice flavor, without the texture he doesn't like. Chicken Bacon & Swiss Melts (from thehomeschoolway)

1 box stuffing mix
About 4 tablespoons water
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
12 slices raw bacon
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
6 slices Swiss cheese

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Place the stuffing mix on the bottom, add flavor packet. Sprinkle with water. Wrap each frozen breast with 2 slices of bacon. Place on top of the stuffing mix . Pour can of soup over top of chicken. Cook on LOW for 7 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 7 hours. Place cheese slices on top to melt 15 minutes before serving.
Variation:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I actually used about 8 tenderloins, I think)
1 box Chicken Stuffing Mix (It said to use Stove Top but I used a generic brand)
1/4 lb Swiss Cheese sliced
1 can (19 oz.) Campbell’s Chunky Chicken Corn Chowder
1/2 cup water or chicken broth (I used the broth and I think it really gave it more flavor)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I just put more swiss on top)
Layer chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot. Cover with slices of Swiss cheese. In seperate bowl, combine soup (direct from can), uncooked stuffing mix and herb packet from box, and water OR chicken broth. Spread mixed ingredients over chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook on high for approximately 4 hours or 8 hours on low. It definitely took less time than that, especially since I used tenderloins so the chicken cooked faster.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails